Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Azalea Restaurant - Most Romantic Place in Dumaguete City

Azalea Restaurant may not be a popular bistro in Dumaguete City, but with the ambiance and panoramic view, you'll definitely have a gratifying meal. Though the foods are not that gastronomic, still, I found the place the most romantic restaurant in Dumaguete City. 
Azalea Restaurant
enjoying scenic view in Azalea Restaurant
Why? Lemme tell you. But please, bear with me, 'coz I am not going to be particular of the food they served. We only ordered two dishes, and I honestly didn't like them, because it was early afternoon, and we're not that hungry. I was just fascinated with the restaurant hanging off the side of a deep valley. I'll show you some photos of course.
road trip to Azalea - in San Jose, Negros Oriental
It was a date with Max, my special someone. I knew about the place during my visit in Twin Lakes. CLICK HERE. Though I’ve already seen it, I didn't know it was in business, until a colleague told me to try Azalea Restaurant. 


Since then, I was itching to visit and check out the place, but no one would have wanted to go with me. Why? First, it really looked expensive. Second, it’s really far from the city. And finally, they’re only open from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, thus, they didn’t serve dinner. 
descending way to Azalea Restaurant
Azalea
elevation of 289 meters above sea level
new piazza in Azalea

units for overnight rentals owned by Azalea

I convinced Max to go with me one Wednesday afternoon. I even asked him to visit Twin Lakes, but hmmm… he’s not that adventurous type of guy, so I didn’t press on it. 

Fortunately, we’re the only customers when we arrived. We ordered braised pork and chicken adobo.
table for four
chicken adobo
braised pork or humba
When we’re about to finish, a group of old and matured people arrived. I heard them admiring the place, but when they had the menu, they found the price expensive. They ordered salads and cold drinks, which were really apt for that hot breezy afternoon. I didn’t know why on earth we ordered a meal! Perhaps, we missed the salads and snacks at the back of the menu. I swear I could have ordered those things if I’ve seen one.
panoramic view in Azalea
rough road to Azalea

road to Azalea
arriving at Azalea

empty church we passed by when we went to Azalea
Anyway, we had a wonderful time. We barely have moments together, because we have to keep up with our schedules. Though we’re not that busy, but we really have different schedules, and our free time are not always parallel with each other. And  I don’t think that’s going to be a problem with us. We enjoy how things work, and we still miss each other every now and then.  Charots!

That’s it! This post is for the sake of Azalea Restaurant. This bistro is still in business, and they’re at Cambaloctot, San Jose, Negros Oriental, Philippines. It’s 19 kilometers North of Dumaguete City, and this is the same route going to Twin Lakes. Please read my Twin Lake post to know more about the direction.
happy anniversary!
Thank you for the visits today, friends. I hope you’ll have your own favorite romantic place with your special someone.


Azalea Restaurant
Land Line: (035)422.0113
Fax: (035)225.0491
Contact: Baby Armogenia
Hours: Mon-Sun 8am-5pm



Just me,
Phioxee




P.S. I entered Lara's Giveaway. Click HERE to see it. She's one of my favorite bloggers.




30 comments:

  1. ang sweet naman! kakaingit! more years to come
    bagay na bagay kayo promises!
    anyway ganda ng place at solo nu pa ahh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mukhang maganda ang place...nkakarelax

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice overlooking sceneries. Ganda ng location. I just hope na iimprove nila yung food nila. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think what made it the most romantic place was because you were with Max :) Ganun naman, kahit simpleng lugar basta kasama ang loved one. Aw may ganun :)

    They have a really lovely view, sana bawi next time sa sarap ng food :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmnnn... sure ka bang namimiz ka rin nya? baka one way lang naman...hihihihi


    romantic place ba rin yan kahit ako lang mag-isa if ever? hihihihi

    ReplyDelete
  6. ang ganda naman dyan parang ang presko and kinda romantic din..i remember Pamana restaurant in Tagaytay.. ganito din ang ambience.. overlooking Taal Lake.. pricey din ang food pero super sulit kasi masarap naman..

    ang sweet nio ni Max hihi.. happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sayang, gnda sana ng place at sana binagayan nila ng mas msarap na dishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry the food wasn't great. Lovely scenery. You looked really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great view, breath taking at for sure it will have this romatic ambiance at night... isa to sa places i want to visit pag nauwi ako :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ãwww Happy Anniversary sa love birds :)
    Ang ganda nga ng view sabi ng friend ko na nakikitingin sa ginagawa ko parang Baguio lang daw ang ganda daw hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanna go there :) The ambiance is very relaxing and truly romantic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. ang hot ni max chos! ganda ng place sobra yung tipong kulang nlng ng mga animals sa harap ng view

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pero ugali nya ay sobrang chill :-) para ngang walang masamang tinapay ang lahat sa kanya.

      Delete
  13. ayus o ang ganda.. sayang di adventurer si partner mo.. tskk pwedeng pang get-away ng magnobyo...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thumbs up again! Ang ganda naman ng place!!
    And then haluan pa masasarap na pagkain! Super!
    Very nice! Awesome din ang mga shots nyo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So you're from that place? i know that word "chada!" the place has great views. a nature that comes within. it's just sad to know you have a bf already! jk! happy anniversary to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chada means nindot in bisaya and beautiful n english. Ewan ko sa tagalog. Ang hirap ng tagalog

      Delete
  16. The more I see posts of Dumaguete City, the more I want to go there. Very scenic indeed, love the view and the place looks really romantic and tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the panoramic restaurant! We have one in my city too (unfortunately expensive) and besides to having the panoramic view, it slowly spins to give a wiew all over the city (that made my father in law feel sick, tho :D)
    All good about the giveaway, your entries are fine :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. katakam-takam ung food ah! at ang lugar, romantic nga. kailangan kong makapunta dyan this year :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is the place me and my hubby should go too:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry that I've been away and not reading your sweet blog for a month or so, I was moving to a new apartment with all the hassels, and I am still fixing and unpacking all the boxes "which SUX"
    I missed reading your blog :D

    XoXo
    http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. The ambiance is sure a winner. So the food is pricey but was it worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to go there with my husband!! So beautiful!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy anniversary to you guys. That place is breath taking. I agree you want to see the place yourself. I am with you, i will not care about the price of the food, well it would help that it is good but it is all about the experience.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ang sakit may stiff neck ako. wala lang nabanggit ko lang! hahah!

    Romantic nga, pero mas romantic siguro kung gabi no? Kaso hanggang 5pm lang pala sila. Sayang! Ang gaganda ng view, refreshing!

    Gamit na gamit mo ang helmet mo ah! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nindut lagi ni!

    Wow nice entry ah.. Chada nindut jud ang lugar. Great review sa restaurant and I'm thinking to bring my partner there. And by the way, you two look very great together. :-)

    Kind regards,

    Your family from dumaguete city real estate firm. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Eatery directors some of the time go ahead to claim their own eateries, eatery proprietors regularly complete a lot of administrative work and both are vigorously put resources into the accomplishment of the eatery and associated with its day by day tasks, however the general likenesses end there. The particular parts and obligations of an eatery proprietor versus an eatery supervisor will be clarified in additionally detail underneath. chipotle norterra

    ReplyDelete

Im sorry guys! no anonymous COMMENTS and bear with the word verification.. i feel im one of the spammers' fave these days. urg!