Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Valencia, Negros Oriental - The Forest Camp

I am not busy, but I was just consumed with a lot of things these past few days. I got a short vacation back to my hometown. My company offered a new position for a new job here in Dumaguete City, but I already decided to settle in Cebu. My mind is fixed. I have to move on. My ex asked another chance, but I just realized, there's plenty of fish in the sea.
The Forest Camp
When I think of leaving Valencia, Negros Oriental (9 km from the city), nostalgic memories come crashing through my head. I can't think of leaving my da barkads, my colleagues, and my second family here.
The Forest Camp
One of the most visited places here in Valencia is The Forest Camp. If you're in Dumaguete City, locals will lead you to Valencia. Then, locals in Valencia will lead you to The Forest Camp. Let me take you with me before I left this place behind. 

kiddie pool
 
Approximately 10 km from the city, you can reach The Forest Camp by car for only 25 minutes. You can rent a motorcycle in the city, and reach the place for only 15 minutes. If you reach Valencia through a public jeepney, you can ride a habal-habal (motorcycle) and ask for The Forest Camp.

Banica River
Situated in the curb of Banica River, the place offers a forest-like camp for nature-lover people. The water from the river run through a filter down to the three man-made swimming pools. The Forest Camp utilizes what nature can offer at the same maximizing its used for future generation. 
Nipa huts
family cottage

cottage

function hall
Family cottages are available for those who wanted to stay overnight. There are also bamboo huts for family in picnics. Tables and chairs are provided for groups who come from the city to relax. 


I couldn't count how many times I've been to this place. I wish my mind is a hard drive. No matter how full it is, still memories are safely keep. These photos are taken this year, but the photo below was last 2010 I believe. I took it from Xoxo_Grah's blog.
Valerie, Phioxee, Boing, Grah, and Emgee
I will be missing The Forest Camp when I'll be leaving Valencia, Negros Oriental. 

Till here. I hope to post more for the month of July. I was thinking of posting about weddings, but I don't feel like talking about about these stuffs today (bitter mode). By the way, people in the photos are my da barkads (friends). My ex is there. urg! Anyway,  thank you for the visit guys. 


Just me, 
Phioxee

32 comments:

  1. hmmm napa review ako sa mga pictures kung nasa EX mo hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @xan: hahaha nanjan sya. friends pa rin kami.last april 2013 to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ganda naman ng place. Masaya kaya kung ako lang mag isa ang pumunta. Baka may mumo sa gabi :) anyway good luck sa new chapter of your life. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. marami pa rin namang tao pag gabi na sir joh. kaya lang super lamig. parang bagyo kasi ang climate ng Valencia ;-)

      Delete
    2. So kailangan ko pala magdala ng kayakap sa gabi....magdadala ako ng kumot, lol! Dami ko nang gustong puntahan, sakit sa bulsa, hay.

      Delete
  4. Yun oh! ganda naman jan sa Forest Camp :) Ikaw na talaga ang Aicy the explorer ng Dumaguete!

    And Ate Aicy, what do you mean to settle down in Cebu? may new job offer ka na ba dun or lipat-bahay ka lang? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tinuloy ko na yung relocation offer ng company namin. Gusto ko na talaga magka life

      Delete
  5. So beautiful and fun that I _really_ want to go there!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kaganda ng lugar. Dami ko pa di napuntahan sa Pinas. Anyway, good luck to your new adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nakaka-wow ang forrest camp!!! Punta tayo jan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mukhang ayos ang lugar. Naisip ko lang dahil forest camp, malamok kaya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uu maraming lamok pag bandang hapon nah. Kaya da best pumunta dito umaga gang hapon lang.

      Delete
  9. Ang ganda nang place! Mukhang malamig ang tubig...

    ReplyDelete
  10. as usual tubig pa din haha!
    nice sarap naman dyan unlike here maninit haha!
    ang linis ng tubig ahh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol frustration ko kasi ang tubig.di ako marunong lumangoy. kaya pag nagkayayaan, suggest ko agad resort or basta may liguan. lol

      Delete
  11. It's time to move on..pero never never forget the memories phiox..

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice place..mukhang ang lamig. ehehehe.. ah kaya pala sa Cebu ka na nagyayaya.. ehehhe.. Goodluck sa new life sa Cebu.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love, love, love the place! galing....
    nangiti naman ako dun, there's plenty of fish in the sea...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ang gnda kasi nature lng ang peg sa lugar!!!! May new work ka na?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope your move to Cebu will be fun! Madaming new places to explore and yes, more fish to meet. Wag lang danggit! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahh, new chapter in life - Exciting and terrifying at the same time! Anyways, Forest Camp looks like an ideal getaway for the whole family! Wish I live somewhere that has something like this nearby.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh my goodness! I want to go there! How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. My grandma (a big influence in my life) hails from Negros Oriental. From her, I learned of places there like Palinpinon, Valencia and Dumaguete. Nice pics above. Definitely, a "must visit" from me when I travel the province.

    ReplyDelete
  19. unang word na pumasok sa utak ko sa unang picture pa lang eh "wow" (kung word na nga na maituturing 'yun).. you never fail to impress us sa mga posts mo.. interesting photos, interesting place, at interesting content..

    ReplyDelete
  20. ang lakas maka-forest talaga. nice! good luck to you phioxee :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i remember this place. haha
    i went to dumaguete alone as my side trip after climbing Mount Kanlaon.
    started walking from the ceres terminal to valencia and got in this place.
    dumaguete is amazingly beautiful with lots of good people.
    wanna get back here and climb mount talinis. :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. nice. kahit man made, namaintain pa rin yung itsura ng nature. ganda. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I still feel the bitterness. :-P

    Pareho pala tayo. Sobrang busy. And because of busyness I fail to visit your blog more often.

    Well, I'm back! (I hope)

    ReplyDelete
  24. wish you the best in your move to Cebu Phioxee, I can feel both sadness of leaving a beloved hometown and also joy of moving on, I pray things will get better and better for you, I believe it will.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the Falls photography so neat yet very dramatic. So your moving to Cebu? Hope you can adjust easily but at least when your sad you can ask your family to come visit you :) Wish you goddluck girl esp. in love life .. do not settle for less you deserve the BEST :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Selina



    i am Montoya Jazhel from the philiphines ,i was in a big problem in my marital life so i read your testimony on how Dr Ikhide help you get your husband back and i said i will give it a try and i contacted the Dr Ikhide to help me and he promised to help me get my problem solved. now am so happy with my life because all my problems are over. Thanks to the great Dr Ikhide for the help and Thanks to you Selina.

    You can reach him with this email:- dr.ikhide@gmail.com and i promise he will not disappoint you.



    I AM SO HAPPY…… remember here is his email:- dr.ikhide@gmail.com



































    Kumusta Selina



    ako si Montoya Jazhel mula sa pilipinas, ako ay nasa malaking problema sa aking buhay sa pag-aasawa kaya nabasa ko ang iyong patotoo sa kung paano tulungan si Dr Ikhide na maibalik ang iyong asawa at sinabi kong susubukan ko ito at makipag-ugnay sa Dr Ikhide upang matulungan ako at nangako siyang tulungan ako na malulutas ang aking problema. ngayon masaya ako sa aking buhay dahil ang lahat ng aking mga problema ay tapos na. Salamat sa mahusay na Dr Ikhide para sa tulong at Salamat sa iyo Selina.

    Maabot mo siya sa email na ito: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com at ipinapangako ko na hindi ka niya bibiguin.



    AKO KAYA NAKAKITA …… tandaan dito ay ang kanyang email: - dr.ikhide@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Im sorry guys! no anonymous COMMENTS and bear with the word verification.. i feel im one of the spammers' fave these days. urg!